More about raw materials
We mainly work with leather from:
- Lamb, producing gloves with softness and good strength that can be supplied in a great variety of shades, some styles in more than 30 colours. Lamb is used for a variety of gloves.
- Goat, perfect for sporty gloves requiring good wear resistance. Ideal where competitive price and high strength is required.
- Deer, showing a characteristic coarse grain structure, spongey leather with soft and pleasant feel.
- Peccary, also this leather has a very characteristic structure, different from other types of leather. Gloves made from Peccay show high wear resistance and softness is next to none, this leather is used for our prime quality luxury gloves.
- Which tanning technique to choose is greatly influenced by what properties are aimed at? Chrome tanning is the most frequently used, imparting durability, softness, flexibility and smoothness of grain. In case chrome free leather is required, this is feasible, although selection of colours and styles is limited. Of chrome free leather we are able to offer also Chamois tanned (oil tanned) lamb and deer. The majority of our chrome tanned skins are water- and stain repellent giving higher all round wear qualities.
More about gloves
The choice of styles is wide with long gloves, short gloves and gloves in between. Range of colours is equally extensive and a large selection of linings is available. Follow the link “Gloves and styles” and experience the choice with description and photos.
It is essential to select the right glove for the right purpose. You will not have full value for money by choosing a pair of thin gloves from lamb and in a delicate colour, if the purpose is your daily bike ride in all kinds of weather. For that purpose, we recommend our specially developed cycling glove.
Right size is important and to determine size is easy. See illustration “measure size” use a measuring band in cm. measure without thumb not loose, not tight and by dividing the figure shown by 2,7 you have correct size.
See illustration of measuring size (opens in a new window)